Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Several months ago, I mentioned that the AK47 rifle has a distinctive sound when fired at you. I just got remembered where that idea came from. In the movie "Heartbreak Ridge", as seen tonight on the Clint Eastwood marathon, this is mentioned several times as the heroes prove themselves rescuing medical students in Granada.

I will tell you that the sound of that weapon is nothing like heard on the movie soundtrack. In reality it's a pop-pop-pop like firecrackers. Can't tell you if it's distinctive, I believe it's the only gunfire I've heard live and I was not thinking critically at the time. Just trying to put as many walls as possible between myself and the sound.

Not much of a New Years party, watching Mr. Eastwood, but it's wonderful to be home and safe. Happy New Year to y'all.

No comments: