Friday, May 2, 2008

Our House

Here's the house we live in. A two story end unit townhouse of a U shaped development facing the lagoon. Master bedroom and two smaller rooms upstairs plus the area at the top of the stairs where we have the desk and computer and I'm sitting at right now. Kind of a crappy picture but that's just me trying to override all the automation in my wife's fancy Canon EOS 30D. I really love getting my input into the shot against all it's wishes even if it comes out "wrong" according to conventional wisdom.

Just heard from the wife that we are having Cinco DeMayo celebration for our location this evening. Our contribution to be chips and beer. The beer is easy just need to pick it up and put on ice, the chips have been in the freezer for about two years and I wonder how they'll be?

Other choice was to go on the "Fat boy run". This time I had committed to actually "running", well mostly walking. From the office through the swamps to the the bar (shack) at the beach, about one mile minimum or much more for those committed to the "long way round". I'm told the swamps are not what they used to be, no need now to splash through the channels, mostly filled in and hard to get lost, not like the good old days.

(Had two power outages so far this post. Learning to use the "save now" feature.)

So no run. Now I'm really feeling guilty about not riding the bike this morning. I just couldn't do it, I opened the door to look out to a blast of light and heat. Nothing very unusual. But I knew the run later would wash away the guilt so easy to just close the door and eat some cereal. Maybe beer will help.

No comments: