Sunday, March 15, 2009

Am I the only one?

That, like cares about anything positive? I just watched a space shuttle launch (STS 119), they got that bird to 7,000 miles an hour after about 7 minutes. Pretty impressive for those nerds. Then I switched the channel and now can watch some celebrity check into rehab, to some rock tune and jiggly camera work. Or change to see some fake reproduction of a murder, huh?

Please, people, please. This is supposed to be America, land of the brave etc... It's become land of the commercial, the most profitable business is advertising. Advertising what? Crap I don't need or want that will make me closer to some celebrity that you just advertised to me like I should care about them, but I must because my life is so little? I am actually rooting for the economy to completely crater, if this is what we call economy.

I'm ready to go back to simpler things, like the rules at Tricks. And I miss a real sport, like English football, without timeouts for commercials every 5 minutes. Give me Steven Gerrard and company everytime as opposed to overpaid college basketball players.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are correct about what makes our economy suck. I am just about done reading " The Man who owns the News" about Rubert Murdoch. Michael Wolff the author is a hard read and I don't know the players buaat it goes a long way to explaining to me why we have only poor entertainment available these days. This also reinforces my notion that you got to get back to the things that truely satisfy we as humans. Then we can be content and lead peaceful lives with all.