Friday, January 27, 2012

Blogomotion

So let me get this straight. In order to login to Linkedin (where I got my current job) I need to give them my yahoo password so they can suck up all my contacts and go after their contacts. And in order to use my google account that already has my yahoo password I need to open it up to that they can get all the information too.

We've been suckered into the view that google and linkedin and yahoo are all amazing free services. In fact I'm writing this on a google platform known as blogger.com. And as you know my employer has paid a fee to get immediate notification if any of my postings contain certain key words, like the name of the company.

Time to get out. Maybe back to an old fashioned BBS? Like the original Well in Marin county. This needs investigating, the network must be free!

No comments: