Thursday, September 11, 2008

I just drive around

Sometimes, like this morning, when it's rainy and the cook downstairs is singing to herself making somosas I go out for a drive. I need to get outside and the other light bulb blew in the living room this morning and so I go. I have the code for the monitoring box, so I can type it in and then go.

Mandy in the morning on FM 88.9 talks sports with some interesting callers, although some of the phone connections are just horrendous. It's the rain she says, and Mandy ploughs right along with good humor and grace. I wonder if the Chelsea coach appreciates how much good advice is available. Talk centers on Manchester City which has recently been bought by some billionaire that needs a toy to play with. The latest in a string of purchases of English teams by foreigners. One cornerstone of western capitalism is private property rights and that includes foreign investors too. At least that's what Alan Greenspan says. Did you know he dated Barbara Walters?

The rain pounds down on the windscreen, thunder rumbles in the distance. Mandy perks along as I ease through the deeper puddles and over the speed bumps. Nice to be outside, at least this far.

No comments: