Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bushmen of the Kalahari Desert

In this mixed up world of ours the contradictions of culture can be absolutely mind boggling. I was reading about the recent decision of the court in Botswana that the native Bushmen could not reopen a water well on land that was taken from them in the 1980's when diamonds were discovered. Seeking more information on the story I did that thing we do, googled it.

Look at the first hit I got! Kalahari Resorts. An authentic African themed resort, in Ohio. Featuring the world's largest indoor water park and an even bigger outdoor one. I guess we can forgive the little slip up on the location, the Kalahari is really located off the bottom of the map. I wonder what a bushman would think about all that water? I bet he would enjoy the "incredible" salad bar and a hut room that includes a 32" flat screen TV. Maybe he would be able to catch a National Geographic special about himself and the famous lions after lounging in the plunge pool.

What a world!

No comments: