Thursday, February 25, 2010

How Berkeley can you be?

We've heard of East meets West, North and South but only in Berkeley can you find the epicenter of East meets South. I was in the People's Republic of Berkeley yesterday looking for a particular kind of LED for my project. Heading west on University Avenue at McGee I nearly drove into the parked cars. The sign said "Halal Burritos". So if you are of that persuasion but just love a good burrito there's a place for you, in the place that has everyplace, our beloved Berkeley. (Yelp lists 15 Ethiopian restaurants in that fair town).

Since I got what my project needed I'll throw in a plug for Al Lasher's electronics. On University avenue it's been there forever and remains one of the few good old kind of places that will have what you need. They staff know their stuff and the prices are reasonable, especially when you compare to ordering on line with shipping and all. I had melted the one unit I had and was desperate for another one. Simple phone call and I was on my way. My one complaint about that store is parking. The meters give 4 minutes for a dime. Not hardly enough time to exchange pleasantries and pay. No comrade, I'm not complaining, just looking for a better way to praise the glory of the proletariat paradise.

1 comment:

Sarah Seewoester-Cain said...

I haven't been out to Berkeley since I've been back. But I think a trip to Halal Burritos is called for when I do=) Sounds delish!