Friday, November 4, 2011

What I want to do

This week, my family left town and went to Dallas. Why? I could never understand why anyone would go to Dallas but there it is. I figured I would be all set with setting my own schedule (except for work of course) and enjoying my own time off with complete control of the TV clicker.

Sitting here tonight after a week of "complete control" I realize what a joke it is. I have been free to check out any TV channel I want, even NASCAR !. But guess what, these channels are not sending to me what I want, they are sending to me what they want to send to me. I can only choose between different imposed messages.

So my TV choices are not about what I want at all. They are merely choices between different things someone has created to send to me. If I choose ESPN then Coors sends me their message, if I choose monster truck racing then some shock company sends their message. It's making my head explode!

I've got to get out of this culture. What can I do for myself that is not directed by one of these companies? I've got to think on this one, I've got to get free.

No comments: