Saturday, November 19, 2011

I just got outsourced

Yes siree bob! They call us into a meeting on Wednesday after lunch which consisted of "Please report downstairs to the shuttle bus". On the bus, we were taken a few blocks away to a local hotel and led up to a meeting room.

Oh boy, the same old crap. Leverage, synergy, blah, blah, blah... I can't even begin to remember the buzz. It's all good, the future is bright and even if you don't keep your job it's all good. Gag me with a spoon as the punks used to say. ( think it's actually a Zappa lyric ). Then yesterday I had my interview for to keep my own job that I just got a top rating in the annual review. Gag me again.

I'd like to keep my job, if nothing else just to prove I can. Unfortunately, this company just helped us through a major upgrade of their product that featured a four month delay and then two full days of downtime this week. Microsoft based and dependable as windows. No understanding of version compatibility, just do the upgrade and suffer. I'm only now hearing how the Doc's are so pissed off in the field.

It seems the MD's are in the habit of putting a book on the space bar of their PC to keep from getting timed out of the session and having to go through the laborious (and error prone) process of logging in again. In one reported incident, a Doc was so frustrated that he took his stapler and slammed it down onto the keyboard and left the room. Our guy on site was advised to "just leave' by a staff member.

So Monday I get to find out if I can keep my job under the new regime. As I said, I'd like to keep it so I can quit on my own. The transition period is until January 1st. Then as I hear it, they will lower my salary and keep me or fire me anyway. After making me train my replacement over these next two months.

From Frank Zappa's Valley Girl

Encino is like so bitchen
There's like the galleria
And like all these like really great shoe stores
I love going into like clothing stores and stuff
I like buy the neatest mini-skirts and stuff
Its like so bitchen cuz like everybodys like
Super-super nice...
Its like so bitchen...
...
Its like barf me out...
Gag me with a spoon!

Whoo hoo! (my addition)

No comments: