Friday, March 18, 2011

Choosy Moms

Choosy Moms chose Jiff. Sounds pretty old fashioned and stupid in this world of tweets and faces doesn't it? But somebody is still paying for that advert and getting their monies worth. That somebody is Pillisbury. Home of the doughboy and everything else. And they are owned by General Mills which I am happy to say are "Nourishing the future". Started in a Minneapolis mill, their empire now includes such favorites as Cheerios and Haagen-Daz.

So why am I bringing this up? I think because the same old pitch still sells. I'm sure all their brands have facebook pages and twitter feeds, but they are still making plenty of money from the good old TV commercial. That choosy mom is pretty hot these days and if that's what it takes, I'll eat some of that oily swill too.

They even have a youtube channel too. Good thing this linux box doesn't have any player for that or who knows what might result.

No comments: