Saturday, February 12, 2011

Football excitement

I have made a few jokes recently regarding Wayne Rooney, and I now take them all back and apologize profusely and say Wayne, you're a God.

Just now in the Manchester Derby (pronounced Darby) meaning a game between two teams in the same city, in this case Man United vs. Man City. Rooney put in a goal that will be remembered for the ages. A cross from Nani found Rooney near the far post and he, well what can I say?, he just put it in. See image above.

I'm not a huge sports fan, but when I see something like this, I tingle all over. And I wonder why? I am thinking it's because we are reminded on a moment like this that humans can be really amazing, and thrilling and just plain fun. This can happen in a lot of areas, like art and science. But sport is so immediate, meaning right now, in your face and makes me throw up my arms and shout.

Thanks Wayne Rooney. Your life and mine are better for this amazing shot. Whoo Hoo.

No comments: