Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Had a horrible flight

Something BA gave me to eat between SFO and LHR really upset my stomach. So barely ate or sipped anything from Tuesday evening until yesterday. Doing much better now, managed to force myself to have a Heineken yesterday evening. Locally brewed. It used to be the cans were actually from Holland and the bottles were local, seems they are filling cans here now too, what a confusion!

After getting to here, stepped off plane at about 8pm (local) into a blast of heat and humidity. Then dripped through the long line at immigration reserved for obruni's (white men). Sat in the company bus for a couple hours while others were rounded up. (now shivering in sweaty shirt from AC blast). Didn't feel all that secure in the far dark corner of the parking lot, but I suppose the couple policemen in their jeep could have woken up if needed. I was really feeling beat when arrived at "home" at around midnight (local). 9 hours +PDT.

Whatever I said before about the heat not being too bad, I take it back. Seems now is the hottest time of year, between Harmattan and rains. Next morning, I went out to put some packing materials from my shipment into the trash. Picked up one thing, and realized that business about mad dogs and Englishmen now applied to me. Put down what I had picked up and went back inside and took a nap, still feeling punky.

How about something good to say? Road (so called expressway) that I was grousing about before has actually been repaved at least for a short distance and we zipped along from airport. Not much traffic at midnight anyway but a nice improvement.

Shipment included my old computer (using right now so that's setup and nice to have). And my new bicycle which I hope to have ready to go out for a spin tomorrow early AM when bad people still asleep and heat lessened.

Will go out for a swim later too.

(note from editor, didn't get on bike for about a week, but did swim)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Let's see some pictures!