Friday, January 22, 2016

hot dog stand

Well, I guess it's been a while but I am still alive. 

This headline from the LA times got my attention.  "Two-Michelin-starred chef Josiah Citrin opens another hot dog stand at Staples Center".  I'm always alert to spin reporting of normal things but this set me off.  Does Michelin really rate hot dog stands?  I guess if there's money in it then any rating/awards organization will do pretty much anything.  There is no class anymore.

Speaking of spin, SpaceX, an Elon Musk company declared a disastrous explosion on landing of their rocket as an almost success.  Great to hear the spinners make a positive out of such a firework.  And the barge that was simply placed in position by regular old tugboats was declared a "drone ship".  I'd rather not take that vehicle on my space fun ride, thank you.  You can look up the money that NASA has contracted with these guys for taking loads up to the Space Station.   

No comments: