Monday, October 29, 2012

Marketers win the series

Giants win the series!  Whoo hoo.  Note the picture of the manager hugging and celebrating after the game.  Amazing strikeout by Sergio Romo to put it away.

Notice anything about the hat?  It's not the regular Giants hat.  In fact if you watched carefully as the game concluded, a bunch of guys came out with these world series hats, took off the Giant hats, and put on these new logo hats.  I guess the players didn't care because they had won after all.  But what's the point?  The point is that after they became champions they now belong to MLB and MLB will get the maximum money out of it, including what hat they are wearing.  It's all about the details, from the hoodies the teams were wearing in the dugout to the hats at the celebration. 

I guess I better buy one of each.  Or should I just wear my old beat up Giants hat and enjoy a beer?

No comments: