Friday, February 6, 2009

Economy and me

So let me get this straight, our economy is based on loaning money to people who can't afford it, that they use to buy stuff they don't need, from another country that can't feed it's own people but can make lots of plastic crap. But not to worry, it's all backed up by a house that's 100 miles away from their job but it's worth plenty, believe me.

And the gov'mnts response is to lower interest rates and give money to the banks to lend more money and keep this circus going? And now we're in trouble because we are saving what little we have left? I just can't bring myself to spend.

Need a job? Here's one for you. For some unknown reason there has developed a need to resurface the tennis court in my compound. Well, there is one lady who gets a lesson occasionally and Bob played one night after the lights got fixed. Starting Monday a couple guys with hammer and chisels started banging away at the surface. Yesterday they brought in a big sledge hammer to break it up so the chiselers could remove the top layer.

After a week, I figure they're about half done on the breaking part. Sorry, but when I went to take the picture the 8 guys had gone off under the shade to nap like any reasonable person would do in this heat. You can't really see in the picture but the shady areas are mostly done.

Waiting this afternoon for the new driver, Jesse, to take me over to the office for the "Fat Boy Run". He's been getting checked and tested and screened, I hope he gets my jokes. Makes the traffic jams easier, at least for me.

1 comment:

Sarah Seewoester-Cain said...

Those tennis court guys have nothing to worry about with the failing world economy. They are probably the only ones with real job security. They live in a country where it's a good idea to resurface a tennis court that doesn't need it, during a time when money is tight and luxuries are put on hold, and it will will take 2 weeks for 8 of them to completely break it up. (no telling how long the next phase will take!)